Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eastern fly

MOUSE PATTERNS

Everything eats mice. Let's go for the ones that want to eat after dark. Any mouse pattern you like. All the same rules apply. And I would like to do this a little faster. Summer is here.

Swap is closed. Due date to be posted

SM: easternfly articulated

1. mikechell HERE

2. Crackleback HERE

3. vicrider HERE

4. JasonV

5. add147 HERE

6. netabrookie HERE

Man i really wish i could. But wont be back at the tying table for 3 weeks. Have fun and make sure to post some pictures when there done.

We're only doing 6 this time? I can do that.

I've always thought about trying to turn my frog into a mouse. This swap is a good reason to try.

I'm in, on this one, if you'll have me.

I'm going to get in on this one for one and only one reason. So I can do a fly with a barbless hook for mikechell.

This is NOT my fly but one from a swap and I'm going to try to copy it.

DSC00874_zps1abfc36d.jpg

DSC00875_zps56ce254e.jpg

We're only doing 6 this time? I can do that.

I've always thought about trying to turn my frog into a mouse. This swap is a good reason to try.

I'm in, on this one, if you'll have me.

I only put 6 down to get it started. But im ok with only 6. It will speed things up. I will let it set a few days first to see what comes.

Kevin

Well since I have never been in a swap with mikechell I am most definitely in!!!

So, including you, Kevin, there are 7 people in the swap right now. Do we tie 7 flies and get one of our own back ... or 6 flies?

This IS my first swap, so I might be asking a few novice questions.

I am going out to buy some steaks ... to put on my black eyes after some of you get done with me.

It's normal for a person in his first swap to tie 3 each for the other swappers. In exchange we give you some barbless hooks to tie some extras for us next swap.

You are right about 6 flies. We tie one less than total and don't get one or our own back unless someone doesn't get the[r's in. A couple of the biggest things missed by first timers is toe tags. You need to admit you tied them and no toe tags won't excuse less than professional work. Toe tags will excuse less than professional work since most of us can't do it but all of try hard to do well with our flies. The other thing is a container big enough for the tie you're in. In this case a simple Sucrets can probably won't cut it. You need a larger size will take care of the mice. Also, when you go to post make sure they weigh outside bag with your flies and return case inside, then weigh the inside return package and STAMP that one.

That about covers the most common things done wrong by firsties, toe tags, proper container for size of flies, return package with postage. Oh yeah, it helps us SMs to have have you board name and real name on your container. Use tape if you don't want to mark it up. Makes sorting easier and more reliable.

vic did well answer things. First the total swap count is not set yet. After I close it you will see the number you need. I always put a number with all the swappers so all you really need to see is that number. It never includes me. Yes please toe tag every single fly with your screen name. And as he said make sure you only have stamps on your return package and not a metered ticket.You will do well with your flies, don,t worry.

Kevin

It's normal for a person in his first swap to tie 3 each for the other swappers. In exchange we give you some barbless hooks to tie some extras for us next swap.

Um ... I appreciate all the info.

However ... 3 each?

I'll tie one mouse and two "Uncle Ken" "Cooter Specials" complete with secret sauce ... okay?

You can donate those barbless hooks to a charity of your choice in my name, thank you.