Fly Tying
vicrider

August is tiny fly monthly swap

So as we wait for the last couple of July flies to drift in let's start making plans for the August flies. The plan is no hooks bigger than an 18. If anyone has a problem with this small or has not hooks and doesn't want to order just for the swap just keep it as small as you have on the shelf. Most of us have at least 16s on hand, most of us 18s or smaller. My plan is for a size 24 dry but that depends a lot on how my hands cooperate. Shaky hands and tiny flies are a bad combo for sure.

Vicrider.............ready

1. Add147.............received

2. Joseph Russell..received

3. Jolly Red............received

4. J-Kno.................received

5. Crackleback.......received

6. Michael Ray.......received

7 .Breambuster......received

8. djtrout................received

9. Bassbugn..........received

10. border collies...

11. kennebec12.....received

12. Bambudday.....

Just for the heck of it here's a couple of flies I did for a recent small fly thread on another board. This is a size 26 parachute and a size 32 gnat.

DSC01099.JPG

I hate small hooks...LOL...I guess I might was well get use to small hooks if I am ever going to become a better tier!

RF, this is a monthly swap with people signed up at the start of the year for the whole year. Sometimes a person has life interfere with tying and I advertise for another tier but right now we are full up. Was a whole flurry of swaps for awhile, now it's quieted down. People should be catching up with their tying and if fishing time allows there should be a few new swaps started fairly soon.

I do have some 18's... I JUST used the last of my 22's and 24's on a swap somewhere else, but I might have some 20's laying around as well... if not I'll just order something this week.

Tied up a baker's dozen of #18 latex ants. Got them off today, and they should be there Friday.

I was out of town the past few days and completely blanked on sending mine out. I'll get them all boxed and sent out either tomorrow or Monday. I'll send 'em Priority to get them there ASAP!

Sorry for holding everyone up!

Mine are going out in the mail tomorrow...I HATE small hooks...LOL...Hopefully these won't look to bad...

Size%2018%20Fly_zpsxdw0rmsf.jpg

Just for the heck of it here's a couple of flies I did for a recent small fly thread on another board. This is a size 26 parachute and a size 32 gnat.

attachicon.gifDSC01099.JPG

To small for this fellow! LOL LOL LOL