Fly Tying
eastern fly

Near Future Swap.. any intreset?

Hello my name is Kevin and I'm a streamer junkie!

There is a type of fly I have looked at many times but never tried to tye. The classic streamer. The Grey Ghost kind of fly. I used one years ago with good success. I would like to do a swap like that. Something with a very long lead time so everyone could take there time on them. Get what ever materials they might need. These flies may not even get fished by me. I might put them in a shadow box. What do you think?

Kevin

I am game! I have seen your streamers and you tie some beautiful one I think. So you are wanting to do a swap just for any streamers in general?

I'd get in on that. If there's a good month or more to prepare. I would need that to practice enough to make something decent. There are some classic hairwing streamers out there also. I'm thinking the call would be for all natural products, no synthetics. Set 'er up and see how it flies. Now I gotta catch up on some crabs.

If it goes I want a long lead time. I have never tried a fly like these. I wouldn't have a choice yet. So maybe 2 to 3 months. Someone might need to order something. As for a size I thing its relative to the fly. Some are on a 6x 2 hook.

Kevin

I think I am going to pass on this swap...My skill set just isn't there yet for those type of flies I am afraid. I however would love to see the pictures of the flies submitted!