Fly Tying
flytire

smart lamp d20

Nope ... but thanks for the heads up. It's a bit price-high for my immediate situation, but I do like it.

I have this very similar one instead:

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Normande-Lighting-18-in-White-All-in-One-LED-Desk-Lamp-with-Digital-Clock-Calendar-and-Thermometer-GP5-3268/206997519?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CTHD%7CG%7C0%7CG-BASE-PLA-D27L-InteriorLighting-RLSA%7C&gclid=CP2o6KL-t84CFQataQod9DgPeQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

And we like it a lot at home. It found its way to my kid's desk so I don't tie with it anymore, but I really liked it for tying as well.

Interesting. I like how it runs off of USB, and if I did the watts-to-lux calculation correct, it has better output than my current travel lamp, a 13 watt Ottlite. Definitely more affordable on Amazon.

I am trying to find info on that blue body rotary. I have been using Regal since about 1995. Yeah, i love them. Maybe this instead of a J??? Who am i kidding, i can't afford either.

I am trying to find info on that blue body rotary. I have been using Regal since about 1995. Yeah, i love them. Maybe this instead of a J??? Who am i kidding, i can't afford either.

info is on the regal vise website

I know this is an old post but I'm new to the forum. I'm wondering if this light is bright enough for good fly tying. It would be replacing a 25w incandescent spot that is very bright, but also very hot. I like the features but am concerned about brightness.

Welcome to the site, Cody.

There are a few threads on here that deal with different lights.

However, it's always a "hot" topic, so you'll probably get some good answers now.

I know this is an old post but I'm new to the forum. I'm wondering if this light is bright enough for good fly tying. It would be replacing a 25w incandescent spot that is very bright, but also very hot. I like the features but am concerned about brightness.

Welcome to the forum.

Dont discount a simple replacement of the incandescent bulb for one of the newer LED bulbs. Plenty bright but not plenty hot.

Bimini15 - I've thought about doing exactly that, however the D20 is a stand alone and my current light clamps on. The stand would offer more options. Plus, the various intensity settings and the cool, warm, daylight options are very nice. I just don't want to make a $$ mistake.