Fly Tying
Druce

good books?

Hey everyone, i am looking for some good reading material for the coming winter month preferably on insects of Ontario as I live in Ottawa Ontario. Does anyone have any recommendations for good books on either ontario bugs or just plain north american bugs?

Thanks,

Druce

great stuff taxon! thanks everyone im browsing the books list as we speak!

"In Hemingway's Meadow"

It's a collection of short stories, very pleasant and sometimes moving, to read. Would also recomend any of John Gierach's books and Robert Traver's "Trout Magic".

There is a free download book "Guide to Aquatic Invertebrates of the Upper Midwest" by R.W. Bouchard

on the list from taxon's linked article, has anyone read this over, wouldnt mind burning my 1000 page free prints at work.

Not about Ontario bugs but I'd recommend "BugWater" by Arlen Thomason. Spectacular photography and good background information. It covers western bugs but should translate to your similar local species.

Also try Hatches II: A Complete Guide to the Hatches of the North American Trout Streams by Al Caucci and Bob Nastasi 2004 You can get a used version for under $10 including shipping on Amazon

I didn't notice that Val Schnaus had already recomended it, I second his recomendation