Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

My Personal Favorite Bucktail Streamer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 timeflies

timeflies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 12:32 PM

Heres a pattern thats ugly as sin but that has accounted for a lot of winter fish for me, my PB rainbow included

https://youtu.be/v8YtMGnX1OQ
"id rather be tried by twelve than carried by six"...unknown

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"... John Wayne

"Those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"...Thomas Jefferson

#2 Rocco

Rocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 01:15 PM

A one minute tie and ten minute video -- OUCH!

Rocco

#3 timeflies

timeflies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 03:14 AM

Not sure what you mean man? Aside from 34 seconds of into its all tying, i mean it is defenitely a simple pattern but its geared more towards beginners which is why I went in depth on the simple stuff

"Those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"...Thomas Jefferson

#4 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,378 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:08 AM

Truly, timeflies, no offense intended, but I'm with Rocco. 

I fast forwarded through to the actual tying parts of the video.  I have no idea what all your "in depth" vocalizations were.  I watch tying videos to see tying, not to listen to people talk about tying.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#5 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,420 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 09:57 AM

I disagree with the other posters, I think you did a fine job. If you just want to see patterns with no explanation, there are countless videos for that on YouTube. This is great for beginners in that you explain everything and show how to measure proportions and even correct them while tying if they are off. Also the tip of phone aging the buck tail into the cone head is one most beginners, and perhaps some non beginners, would not know or think of.

On another note, this type of simple fly can be deadly bin a lot of situations. One fly that ive heard used to be popular in the salt was simply a clump of bucktail tied behind the eye. No body or anything else and they produced well

#6 timeflies

timeflies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:09 PM

Oh no offense taken at all, i dont blame you for not wanting to see my talking at the beginning, like i said that stuff is mostly aimed at greenhorns unlike yourself, as long as you got something out of the video i did my job right!

And thanks agn, thats what i was kinda going for with these videos, mostly aimed at newbies but hopefully helpful to everybody, kind words mean a lot!