Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Adding pic to profile

6 replies to this topic

#1 jalberts1

jalberts1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 09:44 AM

When I try and add a picture for my profile it says "file too large, maximum 100kb"  I see a lot of pics for profiles and I know those are more than 100kb.  An average pic is probably a couple Mg at least, what am I doing wrong?

#2 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,069 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:15 AM

It's the size. the site does not allow profile pics that are over 100kb. keep in mind size does not always have the same kb. Resolution also factors into it.Long as the file is 100kb or lower it will upload.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#3 jalberts1

jalberts1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:48 AM

So your picture is 100 kb or smaller?  The one I am trying to use was taken with a regular digital camera nothing fancy, just a picture.  

#4 jalberts1

jalberts1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 11:57 AM

I have over 8,000 pictures on Google photos and I just randomly checked a lot of them, nothing 100kb or less, most are 2-4 Mb  I dont know how you would take a picture of 100kb.  Oh well Im not very pretty anyway

#5 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,996 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:12 PM

my profile pic is 50 x 68 pixels or 3.68kb

no need for a new picture, just resize an existing one

Ignorance can be educated....

Crazy can be medicated....

But there's no cure for stupid

#6 Henry Denson

Henry Denson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 01:32 PM

To shrink my pic, I e-mailed it to myself, which gave me the option to change my photo size. I sent the photo after resizing it, and then saved it.

#7 Kentuckysteve

Kentuckysteve

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 05:16 PM

You can resize easily in windows.

Just find the pic on your computer then right click on it.

Click "EDIT".

This opens it with paint.

Click resize at the top.

This opens a resize box.

Check "pixels" at the top.

Enter the size you want then check "maintain aspect ratio"

Click "ok".

Save as a jpeg.

There is no greater fan of fly fishing........Than the worm. -  Patrick F. McManus

Reply to this topic