Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
todvan

Dense brush for streamer head sculpting

Just curious what everyone thinks is the streamer brush that would make the densest (is that a word?) head for shaping like is done with deer hair. Trying to avoid spinning deer hair or making my own dubbing loops with synthetic fibers. So far, I think the flash blend brushes from just add h2o might be best, but I have not tried them all. Seems that a brush with stiffer synthetics would be better than fox hair, ep fibers, or other soft synthetics. Anyone else doing this with success?

Would stacked wool work for what you need? You could do like a Popovic's style Siliclone head, stacked and trimmed wool coated in silicone.

Trying to avoid spinning deer hair or making my own dubbing loops with synthetic fibers.

Are you against buying pre-made dubbing brushes?

Sorry, I must have worded it poorly...I am looking for the most dense pre-made streamer brush.

Might want to look at Chocklett's Body Wrap then. This is what use use to make Game Changers, and is the densest product I can think of for what you describe. Personally, I'd just use wool or Senyo Laser Dub stacked to achieve the same goal, but YMMV.