Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Getting back into an old hobby

47 replies to this topic

#46 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 12:00 PM

rstaight ... I stand corrected.  Federal Statutes have changed since I was younger.  Businesses can refuse to take cash at all, if they so choose.  They can refuse large bills.  

The law now states that they have to accept US dollars and coins ... but then goes on to say they do NOT have to be physical, but can be electronic only.

And now I know.

Vicente ... I truly did not even go there in my mind's eye.  I don't see grain, or any pattern that looks like wood.  I do like the colors, though ... and the design of the knife.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#47 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 10:11 PM

it's from a burl very tight swirly grain.

#48 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,914 posts

Posted 21 June 2018 - 05:56 AM

Ah ... I should've figured that.  I've got a few pine burls.  The amount of sap in them makes them unsuitable for stabilizing.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

Reply to this topic