Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

its hot

6 replies to this topic

#1 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,061 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:48 PM

hot-weather-memes-to-help-cool-you-down-

Ignorance can be educated....

Crazy can be medicated....

But there's no cure for stupid

#2 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 03:59 PM

Lol that's pretty good.Hot here as well!
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#3 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 04:04 PM

85 degrees here this morning before 10:00 a.m. Fortunately I was coming off the river at that point!

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#4 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:19 PM

that sounds miserable Bryon, we've been hitting 100 regularly, I've mostly acclimated to it for the summer so I'm freezing when it gets under 70.

#5 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,125 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 05:52 PM

It really is getting to be a bit old now. Been over 90 for the past week and some days hitting 95-97 here (Michigan). Factor into that high humidity and it's like walking out the door into a sauna. Not good for the trout either. Mio stretch of the Au Sable has been hitting 75-76f water temps.

Spent the day at the zoo today. It was so hot I actually took an hour long nap when I got home, I never do that.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#6 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,917 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:27 PM

I'm sorry about your heat waves, people.  It's nice and summery here !!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#7 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,753 posts

Posted 04 July 2018 - 06:32 PM

Ya it's been humid here. Not so much hot but the humidity makes it feel hot. The upstairs ac unit died yesterday and I replaced it today. Got soaked in sweat doing that, pretty dead air up there without the ac. These units are the type where you install the frame first, assembly required etc. So it took some time.

Tomorrow is supposed to be mid 80's but if I'm reading this right it looks like 75deg dew point. Not sure I'll be fishing in that humidity, maybe at dawn till 7:00 if all goes well though.. I got up this morning and saw fog and haze out there and said no. Plus it was too late for the fish to be against shore and the boat was covered and I knew I had to address this ac unit.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

Reply to this topic