Fly Tying
WA5DX

Howdy from Deep East Texas, Sam Rayburn Lake country

I just signed up to become a member of this Forum and looking forward to participating with this community of fishermen.

I have been fly fishing for a bit over 60 years now in both fresh and saltwater mainly in East Texas and along the coast.

I love to fish for all species of fish but my main target is the "Perch" family. Living on Sam Rayburn I do most of my fishing now days here, but will travel up to 100 miles to fish the other lakes.

Thomas

Welcome to the site, Thomas.

Glad to have another Texan aboard.

I'm from Florida, not Texas. But some of my best friends are Texans! wink.png

Hi Mike and thank you for the welcome. I have done a lot of saltwater fishing in Florida many years ago. I also lived on the St. Johns river for a while and experienced some excellent fishing there.

Thomas

Hello Flat Rock,

Well I love your part of the country but only during the summer months. Fished Wyoming and Colorado rivers quite a bit and just love the wild and native feel up in the mountain streams.

Thanks for the welcome,

Thomas

I also lived on the St. Johns river for a while and experienced some excellent fishing there.

That's my favorite water. I live within 15 minutes of four places I can put in, but the Harney to Monroe stretch is my favorite.

Hey again Mike,

I lived on the south side where the Arlington River confluence with the St. John. I fished up in the Arlington as much or more as I did in the St. John. I can remember that the water hyacinths sometimes would completely block the Arlington.

Thomas

Oh ... I'm in Deltona. Completely different river down my way.

If I get near the Sam Rayburn in my travels, we'll do some fishing.