Fly Tying
uffepuffe

Insect photos for imitations

Alright, here's where we will post and store our insects photos instead of having them in individual posts. Will make it easier for us all when looking fr reference photos for imitating a particular bug. So keep posting insects photos here. I will move some photos here that has alreade been posted else where in this section of the forum.

Ulf

A friend of mine just send me these two fantastic looking photos of a newly hatches Ephemera Vulgata. Look at the empty nymf skin hanging just below the surface!

Great stuff!

post-2830-1128018186_thumb.jpg

post-2830-1128018193_thumb.jpg

Hey Ulf,

AWESOME photos! This was a great idea, making a place to post insect pics for tying refference. Well done.

Graham

Not a clue what it is. Me and Steve had 2 of them crawl under the tying table out side under a canopy during that 5 1/2" rain storm. It has feet like a mole and a abdomen like a Stonefly LoL!

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hey Wicked, pretty close.

I think that is a mole cricket. And by the way uffe, the caterpillar is a millipede actually. And if you ever pick one of those up, careful because they will secrete/spray some nasty stuff, I know....Cool pics nonetheless.

Yep, did a quick search Wicked, check this link for some pics of his cousins as well. http://www.pestproducts.com/molecrickets_pictures.htm

Jeff