Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Game of Thrones ... wow !!!

67 replies to this topic

#61 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I said "boo" to Gregor Clegane. He ran and hid !

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 11:18 AM

KR0eCg.jpg

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#62 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,753 posts

Posted 06 May 2019 - 03:34 PM

If I had to do a screen name again it would be Hodor instead of Bassman. Not only do I look like him, I walk like him and from all the things I've had troubles with the past several years with meds for COPD I even talk a little like him.

Steve, I hear you about costs of cable plus. I quit cable and satellite and went with a TV I could add internet channels to. Still need to keep a home phone only for internet but it has cut costs, though not as much as I wanted since we still add HBO for GOT and wife adds some channel for some gal who travels through a big stone and goes back in time. When the series is out we drop them and just keep Hulu, Netflix, Prime, and Curiosity Channel.

As for spoiler, I won't do that but what I did say after my spoiler note was nothing that would be a spoiler in any way. Like Mike, wife and I had plenty to discuss after the show and I only wish we could have held off until it's complete and then binge watched it. Can't wait for that though.

#63 mikechell

mikechell

I love Florida Summer !!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 05:32 AM

Soooooooooo ... VIC ... last night's episode !!!

All I can say, is to repeat the thread title:  Game of Thrones ... WOW !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#64 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 12:33 PM

Dragons bout as bad as zombies. Then there's zombie dragon....Dragon is bad! Definetly superior in war. Amazing how breathing fire actually destroys stone buildings, structures like they're nothing. Gets over the top for me. In the frozen nowhere they come up with this giant chain....WTF. I just watch occasionally. With my bad hearing I miss too many subtleties and lose the plot, if there is one.
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#65 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 13 May 2019 - 02:41 PM

I'll admit, the whole "Wight Walker" part was a stretch. 

1)  How'd he get over 100,000 dead ... there aren't that many "Free Folk" ... did they burrow through the ground until they were "in the North"? 

2)  As you noticed, where'd they get those huge, modern technology chains.  The dead don't run forges, I bet!

3)  If the babies were used to make the horse riding "leaders", why were some of them clean shaven and some of them have beards?  Did the clean shaven ones actually pay attention to their reflections and groom themselves?  The Night King was clean shaven when they shoved the dragon glass in his heart ... but all the Wight Walker leaders were "raised" from babies.  

Anyway, there's many things that don't "jive".   But then I forget them,  Magic exists in that story, so magic explains it all.  The acting is so fantastic that I can overlook the incongruities of the backdrop.  The plots (yes, there are several) and story lines are fascinating.

Barbed hooks rule!

#66 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

I said "boo" to Gregor Clegane. He ran and hid !

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,688 posts

Posted 23 May 2019 - 12:19 PM

Well I watched it all now. I ended up buying the final season off my cable companies "On demand" a couple days ago because I couldn't wait till the dvd for season 8 came out. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire series start to finish. I honestly think it is the 2nd best series I have seen next to Breaking Bad. Acting was great, story was great, loved everything about it. Some people online in other places are saying they were let down or that is was rushed, I don't agree. Sometimes I think people just simply are not happy if they can't complain about something. I never thought I'd get into GOT before I started watching it, but after the first season I was hooked. Great series!

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#67 mikechell

mikechell

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,423 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 05:13 PM

Got home today ... and napped.  I haven't seen the final episode, yet !!!

Barbed hooks rule!

#68 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 26 May 2019 - 08:33 PM

They're saying no sequel. I can see the mad blonde brought back by the dragon as a zombie...oops
IMG-6224.png

(M'sipi)
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

Reply to this topic