Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Tried my GoPro today.

St. Johns River Sunfish GoPro

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 ScottK

ScottK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

What was that fish you caught in the third video Mike? (The one you put the glove on to unhook)

#17 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,647 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

That is a small Long Nosed Gar.  I get lots of hits from them, but rarely hook one.  I have the gloves in the boat for Bowfin, which I was getting fairly regularly when I was bass fishing with conventional gear.  Now, it's just habit to have them with me.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#18 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:53 PM

Only watched the first video so far...very nice! I'm going to bookmark that video to watch this winter when I get to jonesin' for warmwater fishing. I think I could actually feel my blood pressure going down just watching that. :) Beautiful spot you have there too.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman