Fly Tying
Bill_729

Customing view of the forum (s)

Is there a way to show just the subsections of the forum that a user wishes to see (I was able to do this on a woodworking forum, not sure if it is possible here)? For instance, I may not wish to see Saltwater or Steelhead and Salmon tying. If not, no problem, just drop it in the suggestion box. : )

as an example, if you only want to play in the "fly tying bench" subsection then just bookmark it to your bookmarks tool bar on your browser and youll get nothing else

i use the chrome browser

i dont think you can cherrypick (more than one) subsections you only want to play in

the subsections of the forum that nobody can make a reply could be deleted

somebody moved "timely tips" to be a subsection under the "fly tying bench" section but nobody can post anything to it. what was the point? can it be activated?

If this was a super-busy site, then I'd see the desire for reducing the number of forums you see.

I like going through all the forums to see what people are posting. Actually, there are the regular posters, who posts in multiple forums ... so browsing through them all isn't like looking at different sites.

Mike,

Aside from focusing on just those you want, It would be nice to be able to clear away all the 'dead' sub sties.

Rocco

If you look at the top right corner of this page there is a button "View New Content", if you go to the main forum page http://www.flytyingforum.com/ and click on this button you will see only the current active topics- bookmark this and every time you visit you will see only the active topics. Or do as flytire suggests and just bookmark the subforum you want to use, if one day you want to see more, it's dead simple to navigate to the main board. hope this helps.

Yes you can simply minimize sections you don't want to see. On the main forum page where the darker blue header for each section is, put your cursor arrow on the right hand corner of the dark blue header. You will see a + and - appear. If you click the minus then that section will minimize and you will no longer see it.

yes you can minimize a "section" but you cant minimze individual categories you dont want to view

for instance

if i'm in the "fly tying forum" category, i cant minimize "fising reports" "green caddis news" or "entemology" sub categories that have no interst to me

I never said you could minimize each individual category, I don't think any forum software has that sort of thing on it. Minimizing sections should get rid of a lot of un-used sections for people that aren't interested in certain things such as satwater or off topic sections.