Fly Tying
JimCoraci

c&f magnetic hook pallets

Loking for a thorough and elegant, compact, megnetic hook storage pallet system.

C&F, of course, has a great solution, but spendy at $20/unit; this is image of full product line: post-41618-0-81760700-1368972029_thumb.jpg

does anyone have a solution they are very happy w/?

jim

Anglers Image makes similar hook storage boxes with magnetic sheets in the bottom. They are about the same dimensions as the C&F boxes but less than half the cost.

Plenty I've been unhappy with!

Saw a box full of small boxes in a craft store last week. It looks like it would be a good hook storage system for smaller hooks. 24 small boxes, a little larger than a standard hook box, inside one large box. This week I will get one (shop was closed when I saw it) and report back. If it doesn't work for hooks it will make a good dubbing selection box. I'll just drill a hole in each of the smaller boxes.

Cheers,

C.

Go to a craft store and get a bead box and some magnetic sheeting (like they make refrigerator magnet from) for a total of 3 or 4 dollars. You can even use the little squares that come in Tiemco hook packets if you use their hooks. Stick the magnet stuff in the bottom of the box, and voila, an instant and very inexpensive hook storage box!

Amanda

post-35746-0-93507100-1370175048_thumb.jpg

Like this!

I use self stick labels to identify the hooks. They can be easily removed and changed if needed.

I have dropped them a few times without any hooks getting mixed up into other bins.

I don't know if this is the best solution but it works well for me.