Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Foam frogs....again

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 28 April 2019 - 12:06 PM

IMG-6082.jpg

IMG-6083.jpg

IMG-6084.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#2 Powershooter

Powershooter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:38 AM

Excellent work , always enjoy your creations.
Bo Hamby

#3 richmce

richmce

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 12:27 PM

do they spin while casting

#4 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 04:10 PM

Not too bad some but most times land upside down and roll over on the first pop. It's easy to catch big ole bucket mouths but real trick to catch little ones....
IMG-5310.jpg
If you wanta sing the blues, you gotta pay your dues, and you know it don't come easy...RS
Due to severe budget cuts and economic down turn the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...

#5 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 07:20 PM

Looks real good Denduke...even better with old bucket-mouth.

#6 Mike West

Mike West

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 29 April 2019 - 08:04 PM

Not too bad some but most times land upside down and roll over on the first pop. It's easy to catch big ole bucket mouths but real trick to catch little ones....

I use it tie some big ass deer hair frogs that always landed upside down.The answer was one or two real hard 12 inch pulls and that would suck them underneath and then they would pop up rite.

Later on I learned to wrap the bend of the hook with 3-4 wraps of .020-.025 of lead...problem solved.

I always enjoy your posts you think of the box and do others things that other people don’t do.

That looks like a very simple and effective pattern.

#7 nathan

nathan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 11:08 AM

Nice looking frogs!!..Nate

#8 Charlie1947

Charlie1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 07:37 PM

I can’t wait to tye up a batch! I’ve got to get some more foam, especially green round foam.
Kind Regards,
Charlie1947

#9 denduke

denduke

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,028 posts

Posted 25 June 2019 - 08:21 PM

You can make the round part by rolling/gluing the 1/8 stuff

#10 fshng2

fshng2

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 26 June 2019 - 09:37 AM

You can make the round part by rolling/gluing the 1/8 stuff

I never thought to do that...Great tip.
You truly think out side the box!