Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
flytire

Consumer Cellular

anybody use this cell phone service?

i'm thinking of switching from Google FI cell service and maybe switching to an iphone

not many services offer just a single line

Wife and I have been Verizon customers for 2 decades or more. We each have our own line. Mine is ONLY for the phone. No text, no internet, etc. $25.00 a month. Her's is full service, with all the bells and whistles. $80.00 a month.

We stay with Verizon because of my travels. I am rarely "out of range". I get service everywhere I go.

Actually I've never heard of it, so.. Like mikechelle long time Verizon (since whenever they bought out Alltel-was with only Alltel prior) for the same reason, almost always get a signal, and I live in an area with spotty reception for other companies and Alltel had nationwide coverage way back when we first got cells, so travel was never a problem.We've never paid a roaming fee.

They use AT&T and T-Mobile networks so there should not be any problems there. They seem to offer basic phone service plans and data plans. Not sure how much data you use but with a smart phone you will use far more then you think so don't short change yourself on the data side. I do reccomend iPhones. Generally I'm not a fan of Apple but the iPhone has better encryption with vetted and safer apps. Android phone apps are the Wild West of data mining.

My wife switched to Consumer but now wishes she had stayed with Net 10. Customer support is not that good, and there are better prices at Net 10 and Tracphone.

i had tracfone when i worked at the submarine manufacturer because i needed a phone that had no cameras in it. we were not allowed phones with cameras

tracfone and net10 only has iphone6 available. i'm looking for a little bit higher model