Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hot Tuna

Discount tying books

I have been amazed at how soft the buyers market has been for fly tying books this past month or so.

Here's a few examples of my last month's book buys( I suffer from BAS..book acquisition syndrome..ok I made that up!!!....LOL)

EBay:

Dick Talleurs "Mastering the Art of Flytying" $3.95 plus shipping; used book in VG condition

Poul Jorgensen's "Modern Fly Dressings..." $3.95 same seller got combined shipping; used book in VG condition

Barnes and Noble resellers:

Dick Talleur's sequel to Mastering the Art of Flytying normally a 50.00 book..got it for 9.95 plus shipping;

book was new when I received it!

AK's Production Fly Tying 2nd Ed.....$15.00 plus shipping(normally around 40.00); almost new

AK's Advanced Fly Tying $20.00 plus shipping(normally 40.00); new with light remainder mark

What's the tip in all of this?

Don't pay full price for flytying books!!!

Happy book hunting online,

Hot Tuna

Half.com has some merchants with Chris Helm tying dvds for around $15.00 bucks. I ordered the spinning deer hair dvd from MovieMarz for around $14.00 w/ $2.50 s&h. Also got the bass bug dvd by Chris Helm on overstock.com for $14 something. Both were recieved very quickly. I should mention that they were not used items. Brand new in the original packaging. :headbang:

Also check out Buy.com. Books currently 40% off and free shipping on orders over $25. Better than Amazon.com

Dave

I keep my eyes open at flea markets and yard sales, you never know when you are going to make a nice find

Sign in to follow this