Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Quinn NH

Hello from New Hampshire

Hello

I'm new to the forum from southern NH and wanted to take a minute to introduce myself. I started fly fishing and tying in 1992 and somewhere right around 2008 totally gave up on it. Well, now seven or so years later in the middle of a horrible winter I'm back at the vise.

I am amazed at how quickly it seems to be coming back but I have to admit to only tying easy woolly buggers and soft hackle wet flies so far. I would have considered myself at the time to be an intermediate tyer and now back to a beginner but I do hope to add some value to this forum.

Cheers,

Quinn

Welcome, fly tiers don't have "winter," we call it tying season. Settle in by the fire and keep tying. By Spring (if it ever comes,) you will have boxes full of new flies.

Welcome to the site, Quinn.

If you're looking for inspiration for more kinds of flies, you've come to the right place.

"The fly tying bench" forum has the Monthly contributions to fly photos. You can page through each month and see some of the best examples of all types of flies.

"The SBS" forum has great tutorials for many of the flies seen on the above mentioned forum.

And for real challenges, the "Realistic flies" forum will give you patterns to aspire to.

Hope you enjoy your time with us.

Welcome quinn, there is a tying group that meets somewhere up on the seacoast. I think its three rivers fishing association, you might be able to join up with them.