Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Li'lDave

Lets get Crabby

SWAP CLOSED

Let's see...

It must be time... yet y'all are just coming into Spring as we head into *cough*winter*cough*...

I've been teaching myself and learning about crustacean patterns over the last 12 months and I'd love to swap a few with willing participants.

Any pattern so long as it's a crustacean (PREFERABLY crabs, but yabbies/ nippers and shrimp will be accepted) and tied for the salt....

Given the effort crabby ties can take we we make it a 31 May deadline which would also mean that hopefully y'all get a chance to fish them before the season ends...

We've got 5 tyers... plus myself, with everyone tying 10 flies so that we get 2 of pattern, and you won't get any of yours back
SM - sexy crab variant #2
1. atxdiscgolfer - Fiddlesticks Crab - arrived
2. add147 - arrived
3. Vicrider - arrived
4. portlyjoe - Pettigrew shrimp - arrived
5. agn54 - toad - arrived

Due date is 31 May on or close to my door.

I accept USD or paypal for return postage.

Have fun smile.png

I have a great idea for a crab tie if you can send me some Wallabee fur. The fur I need is that found just inside of pouch on the left side while facing the critter. It would be perfect for a tie. If you can't get me any of that I'll find something else to use. As long as you've the due date out far enough I'll join in. Right now I stuck my neck out on tying a dozen Hog Snare's for another swap and they are so time consuming I need to take a break after a couple and tie a few small flies.

No worries vic... end of may for due date ok?

Although I can't get hold of any wallaby fur...

Can I have in? I'm in another swap but i haven't heard back from the swapmiester. I already have those flys tied, it's like he disappeared. I am a noob, but I got some decent skills.

If he wouldn't get some Wallabee fur from the inside left off the pouch don't see why he should get you any roo fur. Maybe he can send us some McDonald's Rooburgers in dry ice air express and we can chow on some genuine aborigine fare.

Vic: It doesn't hurt to ask,.and I wasn't specific as to what part of the animal it comes from. Maybe wallabees are harder to catch? Perhaps we are asking for the wrong animal pelt. Maybe we should be asking for Tasmanian devil fur?

They're both protected species, so you'd have to go through a licenced exporter. In fact I doubt you would be able to get wallaby fur except from New Zealand. They are introduced there and considered a pest, but are endangered / threatened in many parts of Oz.

I may be able to send you both some brush tail possum fur, but our customs guys and girls are pretty strict.

AND... have you seen the claws on those things?!

BUT.. I have been able to import squirrel, fox, deer and moose without any dramas.