Fly Tying
vicrider

"Green" Swap...Floss and Herl combo

Since Mr. Green suggested a particular swap idea but a different idea got brought out, I'll do a swap if there's enough interest at this time. I have the okay to do two swaps at same time since Monthly Swap is an ongoing yearly swap.

The concept for this swap will be simple. Anything you want to tie that MUST include FLOSS and Peacock HERL. Note that I'll extend that slightly to make Peacock Swords an acceptable material also. Some good ties with Swords and everyone has their favorite herl flies. If you wish to declare a known pattern to prevent some overlapping great. I'll put that down and others can work around that. We'll shoot for a dozen and see how it goes. Let's have these due NO LATER than Sept. 30 so I can get them turned around and we can start talking about the big Christmas Swap we'll have again this year. Yes, time does go fast.

New swappers are more than welcome. Jump right in. Read the swap rules though and if you questions, ASK. I want good toe tags, proper return mailing envelopes, and good containers for the flies.

Due date will be Oct. 9th. If you can beat that it would be better but that date will work for me to do some other things I'll have going.

Nick Szabo

PO Box 361

Cheyenne, OK 73628

SM - Royal Coachman Mini Streamer - Cracklebacks w Orange Floss..Royal Coachman mini streamer...ready

1. joseph russell - Streamer..........................received

2. netabrookie - Virginia Wullf .......................received

3. Mr. green - nymph + Royal Wullf...............received

4. fishingbobnelson - Winter Trude Variant...received

5. djd3mon - Royal Coachman......................received

6. Horseshoes - Redsided Minnow................received

7. Dubs - Renegade Nymph..........................received

8 . Add147 - Can't make up his mind.............received

9. Foambug - TBD.........................................received

10. Jburge - soft hackle or tenkara fly..........received

11. J-Kno - Partridge and Orange.................received

12. Crackleback - Royal Muddlers................received

I'm in. I will do either a Carolina Wulff, Tennessee Wulff or something that I have been working on for a while but have been hesitant to mention. I will decide within a day or two and let you know.

Well you know I'm in. Thanks a lot for hosting

Not sure what I'll be doing yet. Probably a nymph

I go to this fly tying class at BPS and the last class we tied the Royal Coachman. I did not notice you chose that one SM. I can't wait to see how ours differ. Thanks for letting me join.

djd, I'm assuming you're tying the RC as a typical dry fly version. What I've tied is almost a micro streamer. Similar in body, no tail, burnt orange soft hackle, and white hair borrowed from a friendly calf that donated his tail for the cause. Yours could be the point fly of my streamer..

vicrider,

Put me down for this please...I figure I can tie something since I screwed the original swap request up! LOL

will have them all finished ny this evening. Im really proud of myself. These are the best flies I've tied in awhile

Vicrider, I settled on the fly that I have been working on and have been hesitant to mention to anyone until now. I am going with my Virginia Wulff. I really love all of the Wulff style flies and hope that I am worthy of adding one to the list. To my south I have the Carolina and to my West I have the Tennessee so why not have a Virginia version. I first tied these a few years ago but worried about the name because I didn't want to disrespect the author Virginia Woolf. She was a beautiful lady that many admired but ended life in a tragic way. Also, I admired Lee Wulff very much and I can only hope that he would approve of my addition. The fly is tied with deer body wings, moose body tail, peacock herl, orange floss and Brown hackle. The flies that I am sending use light orange Uni-floss but I have tied them with regular orange, florescent orange and burnt orange and they all catch trout. So, if no one has a problem with my addition to the Wulff family I will continue full steam ahead.

Thanks and Take Care,

Tony