Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hops_N_Hooks

Hello y'all from Kentucky

Hi, I guess I'm one of those "I used to fly fish and fly tie a lot but life got in the way" type of person. Yes, I am very grateful to have a career and a family who care for me but I'd like to get back into the hobby, maybe not like how I used to be, but at least at a point where I'm tying regularly and fly fishing sometimes. I guess I'm also just holding the line until my son gets old enough to fish with me!

So, how did I get into fly tying? Answer is simple, the old fashioned way: I joined a local fly fishing club and took classes. From there I obsessed over fin and feather as a bachelor and climbed the ranks in the local FF community until I met an amazing lady that changed everything.

As far as the "hops" part that's from me enjoying American craft beer.

One last bit, I used to blog a lot about fly fishing but blew that site up. I've started a new one and am dropping new essays and reviews on to it. If you want, feel free to visit www.hopsandhooks.com. As a side note, one of my goals was to build a site from scratch, so it doesn't look that great, but I built it from the ground up using Notepad and HTML. I will work on making it more attractive but for the time being that's what it is and I like it.

Thanks for reading!

JGR

Hey Hops, I checked out your site and I must say I have seen quite a bit worse LOL! Great job building it from scratch.

Welcome to the forum,

Brody

Welcome to the forum JGR.

A lot of good members and great fly tyers here.Load's of great fly fishing info.

I checked out your site also.Looks good.I will keep checking back.

Steve

Welcome to the site. I hope you post pics and stories here, and not just links to your site. No offense intended.

I don't go to many sites, this being one of them, so I'd probably never see anything on yours.

Welcome to the site. I hope you post pics and stories here, and not just links to your site. No offense intended.

I don't go to many sites, this being one of them, so I'd probably never see anything on yours.

None taken, I think there's nothing worse than spamming. I think a lot of people get into blogging thinking they can make money from it and then start obsessing over Google search stats and what not and then after a few months realize it's a pipe dream.

I will most definitely be on this site poking around and adding value where I can.