Fly Tying
screamingreel

Hi From Lake Eucumbene Australia

Retired. Living the dream. Seven klms from the major Lake in the area.

Been in the area now for three years my forth winter.

Fishing daily rain,. hail , snow or sunshine.

Lake turns it on when the winds blow strongly.

Flies are rough but in the evenings fish do not seem to mind.

Looking at picking up a few tips from the members postings for me to use down here..

Tight lines

Regards John

(The Trout Stalker)

Welcome to the site.

You'll find a few other Aussies on here, too.

Please be sure to post some pictures of the fish you catch down under.

Any "marsupial fish" down there? wink.png

Welcome aboard John.

Did you relocate or have you always lived there?

What type fish do you target?

Thanks for the welcome.

Access to Brown , Rainbow Brook and Atlantic salmon in the area.

Moved near family (married kids ) located 180 klms away ,close enough to offer assistance if required, too far away to collect kids from school every night.wink.png

Dealing with our winter which is late this year. Light sleet this evening. Two on the fly one very slabby and released. Two bait fishermen huddling around a fire in the distance, only three groups out in the conditions, strong cold winds blowing off the snow covered hills, three pairs of gloves required. Snow falling on the hills around the Lake.

Caught on RasG flies (Rough as guts flies)

Regards John

Welcome Cobber. I was fortunate enough to spend three months in West Australia back in 02 . I stayed in a little town called Roelands near Bunbury and Australind . I got to go for 4 days to the famous Rose cottage at Pemberton and fish the dams at several vineyards. The trout fishing there is a lot different from over here. I didn't catch many fish but, got to see some very nice stocked browns and rainbows. I was unfortunately there during the end of the season. From april till june so winter was coming on. Where are you located at in Aussy? I hope you enjoy the site. There are a lot of very good fly fishers here that are more than willing to help a guy out so no worries mate. Glad to have you guys from down under here.

Tight lines and drag free drifts always,

Tuberolleyes.gif

P.S. The few fish I did catch I took on size 18 Trico spinners and Griffs Gnats. The guys from the local club in Bunbury were beside themselves I also got to fish the Collie and Harvey rivers while I was there.

Hi Mate. I am on the other side of the Island some 3000 odd klms from your area that you visited.

Fly fishing is a little quiet at the moment due to fish spawning and strong winds( 40-70klms) blowing during the next couple of winter months.

Moved to the dark side and spin each day lake dropping now down to only 29 %

Only bother to fly fish if someone visits the area and wants a bit of company up to - 8 in the evenings plus wind chill factor, most do not bring gloves and do not last too long.

3/2/3 today

Regards John

No worries about spin fishing I do it from time to time myself. Sorry to hear it is getting so cool there. Its been hot as Hades here 95 to 100 f with high humidity so I have the Air conditioner on . I do miss Aussy especially the beer. I fell in love with Victoria Bitter while I was there and I cant find it here anywhere Though I have found Castlemain xxx would like to find some Small creatures as well. Maybe one day I can get back over there. There is nothing like listening to the kookaburras in the evening or watching the big thumpers in the paddocks. I dont know if you drink but next time in the pub hoist a VB for me would ya.Gotta dash getting late/early here.

Cheers Mate,

Tube