Fly Tying
Capt Bob LeMay

new American Angler issue (Nov-Dec) 2018

I get comped in on a variety of magazines (from Marlin on down) and normally only glance through them hoping to see something worth reading... Just got my American Angler magazine and was pleasantly surprised to see it had more than a few articles on the saltwater side of fly fishing (even one on fishing giant tarpon on fly after dark...). Anyone that fishes the salty fly might want to make a point of getting a look at the Nov - Dec issue.... I'm going to carefully read every one of those articles....

Now if only magazines would start buying articles again....

Thanks for sharing, and will do!

Also, have you looked into Tail Fly Fishing Magazine? Strictly a saltwater fly-fishing fly magazine, and based in Miami I believe. The hard copies of the magazines are pricey (but quality), however the online versions of the magazines are free (last time I checked)...

Tail is currently $10.99/year on line. Just checked. There is a preview option as well. Looks to be pretty good pub.

They still buy articles, Bob, but there are so few outlets these days, that it's difficult to get anything in print. Several of my friends are regular contributors to national fly fishing magazines, (and most have books to their credit) but it's just something they do for the hell of it during the off-season, and it's hardly worth the effort, money-wise. Too few (expensive) magazines, too many aspirants, and very little $$$$. Not many people are gonna plunk down hard cash for something they can read in an hour when there are so many free resources online. Time marches on.