Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Swap fly caught fish pictures,

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

Oh wow!!  I just saw this WMV4!!  Awesome!!

Dave Little

#62 wmw4

wmw4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 December 2019 - 05:59 PM

Ya that red chased the Kwan down. It was a pretty cool eat. I think last secret Santa swap we just traded boxes so I was wondering if youve had the chance to see what the Australian fish think about any of mine?

#63 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 12:44 AM

I really can't remember mate.  Have had so few fishing opportunities this year I've nearly ended up institutionalised 

Dave Little

#64 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 03 January 2020 - 09:00 PM

A pink shrimp from a shrimp swap? Or a secret Santa present from past years?

Big apologies to the tyer, because I can't remember who you are.

It's barramundi closed season at the moment so we were trying to avoid them with small flies.... Didn't really work But this shrimp and another brown hackled whistler style fly (with plastic bead chain, and from another swap?) got eats from indopacific tarpon, giant herring (ladyfish) and barramundi.

20200104_113839.jpg

20200104_113909.jpg

Dave Little

#65 Li'lDave

Li'lDave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

So this morning not so much of a swap fly. BUT a swap material. The bug I posted yesterday in January flies from the view using the Llama fur dubbing accounted for a couple of sooty grunter.

20200111_082400.jpg

20200111_082359.jpg

Dave Little