Fly Tying

So obviously I named this fly after the US president's hairline. Sorry to anyone I am offending, I mean no offense. I didnt tie it with that idea in mind, but when it came out of the vice, I thought to myself, dang that looks familiar. And I am not trying to get political, so any hateful comments will be deleted no matter what side of the fence they are from. This is a fly tying channel, not a political channel. No negative comments about the president, and no negative comments about the presidents opposition please.

With that aside, I want to discuss the fly itself. I tied it with an idea in mind, to create a simple and quick shrimp that will be effective. This fly can be tied in about 10 minutes when you get the hang of it, and it does seem to move very nicely in the water. In fact my buddy that still lives near saltwater gave it a try and said he did well with it. So, Im really glad with the results. I also really love these custom eyes. I think they really add to this fly, and any other shrimp fly patterns.
Hook: Ahrex NS-122 in size 8
Thread: Veevus power thread 140 in fl. orange
Legs: Barred Rubber Legs
Eyes: Custom Mono Shrimp Eyes
Body Wrap: Cactus Chenille
Spike Wing: Extra Select Craft Fur in Tan
Head Cement: Solarez "Ultra Thin" UV Resin

I was expecting orange hair, but it definitely has the look.

Lol yeah, but not sure Orange would be good for catching fish. Maybe though? Haha

I would imagine there would be a lot of fouling going on with this pattern. Looks deadly for sight casting some Bahamian bonefish though...

I would imagine there would be a lot of fouling going on with this pattern. Looks deadly for sight casting some Bahamian bonefish though...

Like what would foul? The legs or craft fur? The eyes help keep the fur up, and if you have trouble with the legs fouling than cut them slightly shorter. But Ive not had trouble yet on my end...

Lol yeah, but not sure Orange would be good for catching fish. Maybe though? Haha

No! I think the craft fur is fine. The cactus chenille should be orange for a perfect representation.

No! I think the craft fur is fine. The cactus chenille should be orange for a perfect representation.

Oh yes, haha!

I would think the legs would foul around the bend, and the craft fur wrap around the eyes. I'm just kind of anal I guess about making my flies as foul-proof as possible lol.