Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

St Croix 1pc spin rod

While most of my customers are fly rod customers I do get a number of spin rods builds each year. This one is for my neighbor next to my cabin. It's a St Croix 1pc blank with split Winn grips, I did an abalone inlay between the rear grips. Guides are the Airwave guide system wrapped in black with two different colors of metallic blue to help pick up the shades of blue in the Winn grips, plus some spiral overwrapping.

BTW Mike there's so much blue on this one you may need a bib looking at it! LOL ;)
H2Z5FL.jpg
6SBKq3.jpg
4uXpgf.jpg
2xdrd9.jpg
IvzoxO.jpg
2loJi9.jpg
iFrbWz.jpg

ohmy.png I'm at WORK !!! sad.png I can't see the pictures on the company network !!! dry.png

wink.png I can hardly wait until I get back to the hotel to get a good look at this !!!

Bam! Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Like that a lot! I bet it can bomb some casts!

Yep! It's ALMOST got enough blue. I did have to change my shirt after looking at it for a minute. LOVE the handles ... and the section in the fighting butt.

Close to perfect !!!