Fly Tying
David 82nd

Project Healing waters

Hey guys , I'm a vet, and I know there's many more here , recently I have tried to contact this group but no response , I follow their outings and I know they actually do marathon fly tying weekends to make boxes of flys up for vets in the program , I was wondering if anybody here is involved ? I tie so many flies I figured I'd make a few boxes up and donate to this great cause , just can't get a response from anybody there , any input is appreciated , maybe it's the links I'm using or I'm just not contacting the proper people? Just trying to do a good thing

r u contacting the national office or a regional office near your area?

i gave up long ago trying to donate fly rods and flies when i never received a response from my regional office

Been trying to contact regional as well , hmm seeing you've gone through this as well is sad , I guess they feel they don't need anything ? Or just boost social media with positive pictures and experiences ? That's kind of a let down , could you imagine if everyone of us here tied up a box for them ? Could be a lot of flies , oh well I'll keep ears open

I contacted the national office and was sent to a regional office. Never received a reply.

Reel recovery and Casting for Recovery has always replied.

My experience.

Rick

PHW is really cool.I went to an event. A couple years ago and they treated me really well!

Where are you? I am a volunteer w/ Quantico PHW.

PM me.

Thanks for being a volunteer!

I work with the North Texas and Oklahoma PHW, and it can take a while to hear back from the local coordinators due to the amount of work that they do. What part of the US are you in?

Blane

I am a Vet and Volunteer with my local PHW Chapter. I know our Local Coordinator is very busy, as is our Regional Coordinator. I work with the Indianapolis, Indiana program. We usually have a tying event before spring to help us get donated flies. It is nice to see people are trying to donate but also a bummer that some of the Coordinators are not getting back to people try to contact them. We also have a facebook page. Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Indianapolis, Indiana Program. If I can help I will do my best.

Mike Prybis