Fly Tying
broadcj

Cheap Stuff

This Saturday is the ACE Hardware 20% off sale. You get one big paper bag and whatever you can fit in it, you'll get 20% off!!!! They have copper wire, bead chains and all kinds of stuff that you can find uses for. Hope you can use this to your advantage. John Madden says it's the best deal of the century.

Good Luck,

Jake

I spend alot of time in craft stores looking for supplies but never a hardware store. I would feel more "manly" walking around a hardware store :hyst:

Thanks for the heads up :headbang:

Ace also has paint brushes with nice bristles for tying, and thin clear plastic sheeting, hand brooms for bristles, etc...

see you there!

Don't forget the Polycrylic laquer (water-based head cement) by Min-Wax. It's great stuff and an 8 oz. can will last you forever!

Word up Smalliehunter! :thumbsup: It's frightfully obvious that I'm the only dude in Michael's when I'm there...especially stalking the yarn/chenille isles! :rockon:

mandoyak

Wool duster too, zip lock bags, moth balls, urinal cakes the best bug reppelent going, borax, P.V.C. for rod tubes, polishing compound, to smooth out any nicks in metal bobbin tubes, dremmel tool, oh yea!!!

I actually get them from the dollar store and just tear open a corner of the package at first then slowly expose more as they were out. I usually put a couple in my tying room. They are made mostly of a chemical called paradichlorobenzene. This will keep all your materials from not only moths but other bugs that are not bothered by moth balls. If you only open them as I described you dont even notice the smell.

Yup Im gonna do the ace thing my self, I feel like a total yoyo in the craft section of walmart and the dollar store :hyst: and the urinal cake thing is a neat idea hafta try it.

yeah craft stores arent the best thing for your reputation in high school

I dont think we have an ace around here

lol i took my dad to hobby lobby with me to get some materials, and was zoomin through the craft isles and you would think he had the clap or something, he was just hiding behind everything he could find. when i went to check out he said i'll meet ya at the car. made him feel very manly looking through fuzzy yarn lol