Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Au Sable daily updates

pGUv2u.jpg
kbSyFZ.jpg
tFNIj5.jpg
g46m00.jpg

Home sweet home on the Au Sable for the next 18 days. Just got here and unpacked. 2+ weeks all alone on the river. How can it get any better? A care package of chocolate covered homemade brownies by my wonderful Niece sure made it better :) Gonna hit the river either this evening or early in the morning. Should have daily updates of pics hopefully.

I was there in June with little success and would love to have another go at it. Water was really high then, I figure it had to come back down now.

youre on a fishing trip and youre watching tv?

Oga.gif

smile.png smile.png

enjoy the time off from lifes bullshit thats been happening lately

Yea !!!

Relax, enjoy and don't think about anything except "being" there. If you miss a few days of pictures in lieu of "balance" ... then so be it.

Pretty tired so only fished for a couple hours tonight. Just two real small walleye was it on the spey rod pulling streamers. Was a pretty night on the river though. Gonna fish more "serious" starting tomorrow.

Enjoy a very well deserved rest and relaxation Steve...we all are there with you in spirit!

Enjoy a very well deserved rest and relaxation Steve...we all are there with you in spirit!

Yes, and a mite bit more than a little envious! : )

Is that a cabin you rent or own Steve. Looks well suited for anglers, is that a wader hanger in the corner??

2Eg288.jpg
jjHmCP.jpg
b4Q5Z7.jpg
Nhy7Tp.jpg

Evening was cut short by a heavy downpour that blew in pretty fast, but still had a really enjoyable day on the river. Nothing big to net today but some small trout and bass. Lost a pretty nice rainbow right at the net, had a largemouth almost to net as well which is rare for this section of river. Got checked out by a big doe that came up behind me and enjoying lots of wildlife. Back at the motel now chowing down good food and relaxing. Plan on heading to the river at daybreak tomorrow morning.

Piker- it's a motel I stay at when fishing up river like this. It's a great place to stay, owner give me the same rate as she did 20 yrs ago because I have been staying here so long. Only 200ft from the river so location is perfect.