Fly Tying
caloosa bug

Renzetti fly fishing and rod building fair Dec.7-8

Has anyone here ever attended one of these? It looks interesting with some big name speakers.

I've been wanting to attend a seminar/fair/or expo in the fly tying field and I'm not sure if this would be worth the trip.

Any thoughts or views on this event?

post-59266-0-11287700-1535660615_thumb.jpg

Titusville isn't THAT far from you. If you're into it, then I'd think it would be worth the trip.

I'm less than 45 miles from there ... but I probably won't go. I don't like crowds.

I'd rather be fishing than watching people tell me how to go fishing.

That's what I was thinking DavidR. I may pencil it on the calendar and decide when it gets closer.

Titusville isn't THAT far from you.

I'd rather be fishing than watching people tell me how to go fishing.

Well, it would be a 6 hour round trip..so it's not THAT close either.

I'm normally the same way Mike, (fishing rather than listening to seminars ), but my limited tying knowledge is based on some literature, this forum, and you tube. Some hands on instruction with a q&a session with these icons might be invaluable.

Last one I went to was great! I'd recommend it for sure. Tell you what, it wouldn't take much to convince me to go, just sayin'.....

I can't find any direct information about it ... no facebook account, if that's the only place it's listed.

But from the picture you posted, there might not be any fly tying going on. "Fly fishing" and "Rod building".

Of course, that's just the poster ... not the details.

Curious, They had the second annual Fly Fishing & Rod Building Fair
in 2008 and the fourth in 2013 and the fifth annual in 2015

This FB page shows no upcoming events but does show a couple of past .. https://www.facebook.com/pg/Renzettiinc/events/?ref=page_internal

I think it'd be a great thing to do at least once, but I would contact Renzetti before booking room reservations.

Well, it looks like I will be attending the fair. It is a biennial event. There has been much more info lately on renzetti 's facebook page and website. I spoke with them this morning, and there will be several presentations throughout both days where you can bounce from one presenter to the other. And at only $25 for both days, why not. The 3 hour VIP evening sessions would be cool, but for $175, I'll pass. Looking forward to it.

I'm happy to report that it was an awesome event. I learned quite a lot from everyone there. From tying with chain and foam from Kevin Arculeo, to hollow fleyes with Scott Stryker, to deer hair with Gerry Herrera. Bob Clouser is a great guy to chit chat with, and did some neat stuff with foam diver heads. My new buddy Steve Bailey is a wealth of knowledge and was answering questions that I didn't even know to ask. Even got some casting instruction from Jon Cave.

All in all, it was really informative. Both days consisted of plenty of time to sit with any of the presenters and talk about anything at all.

Here's a few pics with Bob, Steve Bailey, Steve Farrar, and Andy Renzetti.

Also some other cool stuff I seen.

Too bad I can't afford one of their vices, but Andy and his wife are super nice people.

post-59266-0-26915500-1544474715_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-39344500-1544474741_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-37785200-1544474769_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-54191900-1544474785_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-22581500-1544474844_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-68445500-1544474873_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-86282300-1544475160_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-54887800-1544475187_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-99049600-1544475203_thumb.jpg

Sounds like you had a great time. Only thing like that close to me is down in TX and I might just consider a trip this year to their EXPO.

Sounds like a trip down there might be in my future, 2 years from now.

Thanks for sharing your experience.