Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Poopdeck

September the new December?

This month has been very good to me. It started out with me buying new welder followed by a box of dubbing and a like new regal vise for $28.65 and now great karma.

Last week a much younger co worker who just had his second son in as many years grabs me and asks if I will take him fishing so he can learn to fish so he can take his sons fishing when they get older. He said he didn't have a rod or single piece of fishing gear. No problem I got what he needs so I say sure and we made arrangements to go fishing in my boat today.

He shows up at my house with a never used TFO 7'9" Lefty Kreh finesses series 3wt rod with rod sock, aluminum tube, Allen trout II reel with case complete with backing and WFF line. He said he got this from a dead relative and he asked if I wanted it. I offered to give him some cash for it but he would only accept a cheese steak and pizza skins. Not only was this exceptionally kind and thoughtful he also turned out to be a great guy to go fishing with. Not sure what I'm going to do with a 3wt but I'm pretty sure I'll figure it out.

post-48414-0-45720600-1537555750_thumb.jpg

This guy is getting an assigned seat in my boat.

Nice ...

There's an old saying, "all things come to those who get lucky once in a while."

Something like that.

Hey! Look at that, Poopdeck!

Rick and rstaight both offered to buy that rod/reel from you! You could probably get a couple hundred bucks !!!