Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Halloween Erie Trip - Official Sign Up!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#16 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:06 PM

Will, if your getting in late Tuesday night will you be fishing at all by late morning Wed? I'm thinking I should be able to get up there by 10:30 and fish till just about 1 before I have to head into work. Still sorting out the rest of the weekends time.
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!

#17 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:16 PM

We haven't set an official leaving time just yet. If it's gonna be super cold and nasty out I think it would be foolish to stand in the dark all night during those conditions. Once we get a little closer to leaving time things will be a little more concrete.

Is Wednesday the only day you think you could fish?

test

#18 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:23 PM

I should be able to get out at least one other time but when is still up in the air. I'd just like to get over as often as I can while you guys are up there.
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!

#19 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:45 PM

I wont be up until Thursday night.

Save some fish for me ...
The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#20 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:48 PM

So your gonna get Friday off? SWEET headbang.gif

STEELHEAD BABY!!!! OOOOOWWWW!!!!!

test

#21 wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter

Hello my names Brent...and i'm a Swapaholic,but i can quit anytime i want..really!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:37 PM

Not sure what creeks or rivers we'll be fishing,but i just got a email from a friend that lives in Erie that said the Walnut and Elk creek are packed with fish.

#22 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:46 PM

That is what I have read as well. There is also some fish in the mile streams so that might be a decent alternative to fishing the zoo during the day.

test

#23 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 08:08 AM

Wife has to work Friday night but I should be up afterwards.

We just might have good timing on this one!

Date Fished: as of Tuesday morning 10-19-04
Water Conditions:
Posted By:  "Poor Richards" [email protected]
     10/19/2004 8:32:12 AM   Report ID: 11800

Report: We had light rain here all night. All the creeks are up and muddy right now. Both Elk and Walnut are up but not terribly high or blown out. They are also both muddy. For most anglers they are still fishable, but just barley fishable. The fishing will be tough for today, but the forcast is calling for the rain to move out today. Just as long as the forcast is right, the creeks will drop and clear the next day or two and make for good conditions.

The creeks right now are too muddy to get a good estimate on how good of a run we are getting, but we did see some running up both Trout Run and Walnut.

GOD BLESS AMERICA, Gary n Dot

Poor Richards Bait and Tackle - Offering complete Lake Erie fishing supplies located just west of Walnut Creek on Route 5. 

To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#24 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 02:44 PM

Well it looks like I will be getting one trailer that has three bedrooms in it. That should be enough to hold the amount of people we have right now so if anyone else is planning on making it up let me know soon. cool.gif

test

#25 J. Johnson

J. Johnson

Don't talk to me, I got a good drift!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:55 PM

Getting ready to go out the door .

Be back tomorrow
The word "angling" is the name given to fishing by people who can not fish- Stephen Leacock

#26 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 05:58 PM

Come back with a good report. Try to stay out of the rain, it's heading your way.

test

#27 OSD

OSD

Doing things the old way

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,714 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 06:01 PM

http://image.weather...g?1098572431500
user posted image

#28 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 06:04 PM

Bob I'm feeling your pain http://image.weather..._large_usen.jpg

Oh well all this rain will be good for erie next week.

test

#29 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

Well the trailers we normally stay at are all booked up. I have NEVER heard of that place filling up so there must be a ton of people heading up next week to fish. So I am going to be staying at a hotel only a few minutes away from those trailers(15 minutes east of Walnut Creek).

Here is their contact info:

Inn at Presque Isle
2930 W Sixth St, Erie, PA 16505
Phone: 814-838-1961

If you reserve a room there be sure to mention you want the fisherman's discount. That way it's only $35 per night for two beds and $25 for a single bed.

I went ahead and reserved and single bed room for Pujic and I....... wub.gif

test

#30 Bryanfly15

Bryanfly15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:47 PM

Boy has it been a long ass time since I have visited. I guess having a kid takes more time than I originally thought. It is good to see some familar names and see some posts talking about fishing, especially steelhead fishing.

I was up last weekend. Fished Conneaut for the first time and headed to Elk. It rained all morning and half of the time in the afternoon. There are some huge and I mean huge fish in Conneaut and Elk was holding some as well. I believe that got rain again today - I believe more fish entered the streams. I had orginally planned to take a trip on Tue., but I have to try to get up to see you guys. If I come Sat., it will only be for part of the day (Halloween parade for my daughter sat. ) or I might come up Sun. What time are you guys leaving on sun?

Again, it is good to be back and hopefully talk to you guys soon.