Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Halloween Erie Trip - Official Sign Up!

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 05:50 PM

I will probably leave Sunday morning because I got a 6 hr drive home. I have yet to fish Conneaut but have always wanted to.

Is it true that Elk has lost almost all of it's flow? From what I heard Elk is mostly big pools of water and somewhat hard to fish with a fly.

Love to see you make it up for a day headbang.gif

test

#32 Bryanfly15

Bryanfly15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 06:06 PM

When I was there on Sun. it had flow, but the flows have changed quite a bit. I was able to hook fish and land them in some faster moving water. I was surprised to see how much it has changed. Maybe I will try to get up there early on sat. and fish the morning half of the day. I have to check with the wife to see what time the parade is for my daughter. Good to hear you are back on your feet.

#33 billyshooter

billyshooter

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:55 AM

Talked to will and nick about the trip, I am from kalamazoo and wanting desperately to go possibly thursday or friday night. bs.gif

#34 SmallieHunter

SmallieHunter

For I am Mullis...Lord of the idiots!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:00 PM

I will be nice meeting you Billy! Hopefully the fish will be hungry headbang.gif

test

#35 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Cya out there BillyShooter!

I should be getting out there around 2-2:30 on Thursday and fishing through the evening before heading home. Can't wait to go!! headbang.gif
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!

#36 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 10:33 AM

I will see those of you going there on Friday! Best of luck to those who are heading up beforehand!

Keep your eye on that Will guy dry.gif next thing you know he'll be catching all the fish!

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#37 karin2

karin2

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:29 PM

I wanna go!!!! sad.gif Nick, let me come! haha

#38 Pujic

Pujic

Browns? Where?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:32 PM

LOL Suuuuuuuure, make me look like the bad guy!!! tongue.gif

Canadian Fly Fisher - Canada's Leading Fly Fishing Magazine
http://www.canflyfish.com

#39 mcfly

mcfly

><> ><> ><> ><> ><>

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,244 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

----------------------------Erie

Just follow the dotted lines to Erie Karin.

To avoid situations in which you might make mistakes may be the biggest mistake of all. - Peter McWilliams

#40 Bryanfly15

Bryanfly15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:13 PM

Boy what a nice guy to leave your lady at home. You are out having all the fun and she is home alone. Hey Pujic, if you want, me being a nice guy and all, I could hang out with her until you get back wink.gif

Holla at me and let me know.

#41 Lance Kekel

Lance Kekel

Adored by fish feared by women!...no wait a minute, fish adore..I mean, women..feared.......oh forget it!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 07:56 PM

I was just hoping he'd bring her along, I'd call off sick from work Fri and stay an extra day!!!! wink.gif innocent.gif

DON'T FORGET YOUR VEST!!!!! smile.gif
Lance Kekel

Get me on the water!!

#42 Bryanfly15

Bryanfly15

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 05:27 PM

Disregard my last post under this topic. Please excuse me for I have been out of the loop (not on the site for a while).

Pujic, you my boy!!!!!