Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

A few of us are looking for a destination

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 flymaster

flymaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:25 AM

Hey forgot abut this guy, his site is look at the pic gallery the gallery #2 is holston and watagua fish and some in all of them are. This is one of the best pic galleries i have found on the river you can see the fish sizes and river size too. Look at the first pic in gall #4 that brown is at the bridge where you cross the river to the parking lot. The lot is just out of site in the pic what a pig that is! And look at the 4th on the bottom in gall#2 that is a porker brown! God what a lucky man just look at that smile! Write back to tell me what you think about those. GLad I found this site I am yet to get one like that but I have hooked some i never turned around.

later
FM
CPR Catch-Photo-Release!

#17 flymaster

flymaster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 January 2005 - 01:27 AM

oops forgot the link here it is . tenn fly fishing
sorry!
CPR Catch-Photo-Release!

#18 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:29 AM

If you are looking for guided trips for east Tennessee, allow me to recommend www.southeasternanglers.com; these guys are friends of mine and are full-time guides. A friend and I went with Michael Cox (Rocky) and C&R'd 47 (24 and 23)trout on the Hiwassee River in a half-day float. Also, let me extend a personal invitation to the Hiwassee River in extreme SE Tennessee. Check out www.hiwassee.net for particulars. Also, there is a new motel, Sleep Inn, in Etowah,TN just a few miles from the river. Don't forget the picture gallery for some real rodbenders. This past Saturday produced several 'bows over 16 inches. One fellow claimed two over 18 inches. Contact me through a PM and I can show you around or get someone who will be glad to point out the finer points of the river. There is a lot of river that is wadable on two generators except during high water conditions after a rain when they are spilling through the gates. TVA is going to replace one of the generators in February so that means there will be maximum one generator or none through mid-May. More water to fish! headbang.gif

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!

#19 skeet3t

skeet3t

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 07:30 AM

mad.gif If you are looking for guided trips for east Tennessee, allow me to recommend www.southeasternanglers.com; these guys are friends of mine and are full-time guides. A friend and I went with Michael Cox (Rocky) and C&R'd 47 (24 and 23)trout on the Hiwassee River in a half-day float. Also, let me extend a personal invitation to the Hiwassee River in extreme SE Tennessee. Check out www.hiwassee.net for particulars. Also, there is a new motel, Sleep Inn, in Etowah,TN just a few miles from the river. Don't forget the picture gallery for some real rodbenders. This past Saturday produced several 'bows over 16 inches. One fellow claimed two over 18 inches. Contact me through a PM and I can show you around or get someone who will be glad to point out the finer points of the river. There is a lot of river that is wadable on two generators except during high water conditions after a rain when they are spilling through the gates. TVA is going to replace one of the generators in February so that means there will be maximum one generator or none through mid-May. More water to fish! headbang.gif
mad.gif Had a hiccup in the computer, hence the double post. Sorry about that!

John Torchick

So much water, so little time!
Enjoying the Creation, Praising the Creator!

#20 Old Injun

Old Injun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:22 PM

Etowah huh?
I have family in Etowah Arkansas also.....LOL