Fly Tying

Looking for opinions on best UV light for the $$, I am fed up with loon and will never own another one of their products once I run out of what I currently have. Had two of their highest end UV torches and each one broke, unacceptable IMO.

I have tried a couple different lights. The best i have come across is the pentype "laser".

Here's a link to one that looks exactly like the one i'm using

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Fly-Tying-Light-UV-Laser-Pen-for-Resin-Curing-5MW-/172437103225?epid=887250792&hash=item28260d6279:g:SlEAAOSw2xRYSNPP

Lots of UV lights available on the big auction site. I paid like $3 for the one I'm currently using and it works fine. Of course you have to be ok with a product not manufactured in the U.S.

To be honest. I bought a uv light in the pet section at walmart. It said it was for finding pet urine stains. It's cures clear cure goo with no problem at all. Cost me $9 I think. I love it

Less than a buck on ebay. If you want to buy from an american seller, they usually run three bucks for the same light.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UV-Ultra-Violet-9-12-21-51-100-LED-Flashlight-Mini-Blacklight-Torch-Lamp-Light-/382032535196?var=&hash=item58f2e9de9c:m:mXYzcvR6XuIjBqO6H79E_tw (has great options)

post-52832-0-43721800-1498504288_thumb.jpg

I second the above post about contacting Silver Creek about his UV light (and resins....I have all 3 types). I tried multiple lights and Silver's high end light is far and away the winner among those I have tried. I had mine for roughly a year or so and it went south after extensive use. I contacted him about purchasing another just last week and found out he has replacement parts. He will troubleshoot your light if you send it back and sell you a replacement for the defective part at a nominal price, eliminating the need for a new torch.