Fly Tying
carpflyguy

Junk Fly Swap

In the winter months, alongside midges, I find trash flies seem to be some of my most productive flies. I'm talking about eggs, worms, mops, weenies, flesh flies, and so on. Anything of this sort seems to be a strong bet when there's few insects hatching on my local waters, and they continue to work all year round, anywhere where there's trout.

Thinking January 10th as a due date should be enough time as these are generally relatively easy ties, and should provide enough time after the Holliday mail chaos that will be going on at the end of December (flies always seem to get lost around that time).

So if you're intetested, just let me know and I'll add you on! Hoping to get at least 12 for this swap, or ideally up to 15 since these are pretty easy ties and that would give everyone a nice variety!

1. carpflyguy - RECIEVED

2. jmckaughan - RECIEVED

3. Flat Rock native - RECEIVED

4. vicrider - RECEIVED

5. islander727 - RECEIVED

6. stabgnid - RECIEVED

7. JokerOne - RECIEVED

8. wmw4 - RECIEVED

9. Add147

10. Idaho RC - RECIEVED

11. Ginormus1 - RECIEVED

12. Hazathor - RECIEVED

13. dflanagan - RECIEVED

14. nsillej

Carpflyguy, generally I like the way you think.

I am inclined to join up, if you will have me.

Now will confess that I have never tied more than 4 copies (in a series) of any fly, I like the designing process much more than the manufacturing. Notwithstanding my inexperience I will propose a beaded, chamois, garden hackle. I can do 12-15 copies with Bronco games in background. I know yellow perch and small LM bass love these, trout & carp maybe.

So I will go for it...

Flat Rock Native, listening to a Broncos game might just throw anyone's tying style off.

I'll jump in. Should have Christmas gifts on their way by the 9th so time is good after that.

Flat Rock Native, listening to a Broncos game might just throw anyone's tying style off.

I'll jump in. Should have Christmas gifts on their way by the 9th so time is good after that.

Figured I better let New England folks know up front, and regarding Broncos, possible banishment may be forthcoming on general principal alone ;)

So far, we got 3 worms, an egg, and lots of mystery. Come on people, jump in here. The hardest part is gonna be following Flytires recent SBS on Toe Tags (thanks by the way, I hate lookin stooopid;) I will double down and send two patterns if we exceed 12 total. Where are dem Mopheads? I don't wanna buy a bunch of floormats from WalMart just to get one.

This is an easy one, I stage- tied 18 copies, before the Broncos made the game interesting, but eff me, they still blew it and lost. If I was a gambler, I would just throw some $1 bills out in the wind, at least my neighbors would be happy....

Really, this is only a bump.... Never mind, Carry On :)

I would love to give a swap a try. I'll tie up some squirmy wormys if you'll let me.

You're in!

That's right everyone, tbis is one of the easiest swaps you can do and you'll get back a set of flies that will catch trout (or many species) anywhere anytime! Let's fill this up!

So far, we got 3 worms, an egg, and lots of mystery. Come on people, jump in here. The hardest part is gonna be following Flytires recent SBS on Toe Tags (thanks by the way, I hate lookin stooopid;) I will double down and send two patterns if we exceed 12 total. Where are dem Mopheads? I don't wanna buy a bunch of floormats from WalMart just to get one.

This is an easy one, I stage- tied 18 copies, before the Broncos made the game interesting, but eff me, they still blew it and lost. If I was a gambler, I would just throw some $1 bills out in the wind, at least my neighbors would be happy....

Really, this is only a bump.... Never mind, Carry On :)

That's the spirit Flat Rock Native. I was thinking of doing some mop variations but I'll see what everyone else is doing and take it from there. This should be one where we can get more than 12!

And tough season so far for the Broncos. Maybe they'll pick it up soon

And tough season so far for the Broncos. Maybe they'll pick it up soon

No worries, I can coast on last season' s Lombardi trophy; just don't wanna do that