Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

The colours at this time of year........

The autumn has arrived with amazing colours. This is a photo from my hometown just minutes before the sun goes down.

The warm colours is what we get in this light.....

21702769769_1e1be1aefe_h.jpg

Terje

Even with the house ... that is another beautiful composition. All the right angles, stunning depth and range of colors and wonderful lighting.

Absolutely beautiful! The colors are what makes Scandinavia (all of it) beautiful all year long. If that's in Hamar, then that's freshwater... The grass looks like Distichlys, but the species we have here is estuarine. I like the big tree with the drupes (up front right). Not sure what that is.

Who is that by the picnic tables? Looks like he could be practicing his casting.

Even with the house ... that is another beautiful composition. All the right angles, stunning depth and range of colors and wonderful lighting.

Thanks a lot Mike for you kind comment :-) :-)

Terje

Absolutely beautiful! The colors are what makes Scandinavia (all of it) beautiful all year long. If that's in Hamar, then that's freshwater... The grass looks like Distichlys, but the species we have here is estuarine. I like the big tree with the drupes (up front right). Not sure what that is.

Who is that by the picnic tables? Looks like he could be practicing his casting.

Thanks a million, FlaFly :-)

It´s Hamar alright and your absolutely right......it´s freshwater :-) :-)

The guy at the picnic table is definitely not a flyfisherman, he was acctually playing with a drone :-) ...... i´m acctually glad i did not get the drone on my photo to be honest :-) :-)

Terje

Hey Terje, thanks again for another beautiful shot. Wonderful colors and light...inspiring. Cheers, Ed

Bellevue.... that's Norway. They only have one day of sun per year, and even then it's barely over the horizon. :-)

But everything is beautiful on that day!

Thanx Adam. You live up there in Scandinavia too.... I saw a doc tv show on a salmon fly tyer in Finland, ... all the locales were so colorful and fresh, the whole place must be a wonderful place to live, despite only having one day of summer :-)

... and I thought it was bad to only have one day of sun in the Fall here?!?!? lol Ahh.... the grass is always greener?

Lower sun angles - longer wavelengths from the spectrum of sunlight seem to be more dominant - I've always like how that sort of light shines on scenery. (and that applies no matter where you are - but it certainly doesn't hurt to have a beautiful location/subject - the clouds don't hurt that composition also... just my opin)

We have the same phenomena, although our New England states are somewhat farther south than Terje's home. In winter especilally, the sun is in the southern hemisphere, and tends to light up the south side of buildings. I took some pix in Springfield Mass. of a white church with a steeple, against the darker grey of the sky. Things look brighter that way.

But it seems that in Scandinavia, there are lots of very colorful buildings, especially red ones like the house in Terje's picture.