Fly Tying
ct.custom

First Few Saltwater flys

Good morning good people!

My name is Cody Thomas and I live in Cape Fear North Carolina. I have been tying for about three weeks after getting frustrated with box store flies falling apart after two good strikes from a 2lb bass... I am really enjoying everything about tying so far and have seen exponential improvements in my technique and overall look of my flies since my first baitfish. Please let me know what you think good or bad ill take it all.

Tight lines everyone!

CT

post-63888-0-41618700-1543337117_thumb.png

post-63888-0-11921900-1543337129_thumb.png

post-63888-0-13788900-1543337150_thumb.png

post-63888-0-04535800-1543337167_thumb.png

Very nice. Don't use crab patterns, don't seem to be as popular on the Jersey shore. It's as good as anything I've seen tied at my salt water club. The only suggestion I would make for the shrimp and striped bait fish pattern is to use clear mono or clear polyester thread for them. You can pick up a large spool of it in the sewing section of any craft store. I can actually fit the spool in one of my bobbins so I don't have to wind it on a smaller spool. Good job all around.