Fly Tying
Satchmo

Fly Swappers Tribute

If you've caught a fish on a fellow swappers flies here's a place to post a picture of fish and fly or just tell your story and say thanks.

Caught this brown on the Taylor River in Colorado on Big E's Black Electric Rubber Bugger!

Thanks Big E!!!

post-16511-1240430310_thumb.jpg

post-16511-1240430162_thumb.jpg

These two Palominos were both caught on the Neshannock Creek in Western Pennsylvania on another swappers fly and I unfortunately never took note of the toe tag before adding it to my fly box. I beleve the fly came from the midge swap but Im really not sure. Either way this little black slice of love netted me a dozen fish last Saturday including my first and second Palomino trout ever caught. The second fish was between 18 - 20 inches and fought me through 2 sets of rapids, wrapped me around a branch and had my heart pounding out of my chest. If the tyer can lay claim to this fly I owe you a huge thanks for a whole day of fun and being the mark of much creekside envy!

post-16511-1240430854_thumb.jpg

post-16511-1240430884_thumb.jpg

post-16511-1240430916_thumb.jpg

Satchmo Thanks this is a great idea. :headbang: :headbang:

Now if the weather calms down like they say it will, I will get to test the flies.

Just received a set of nymphs from the nymph swap. Had a chance to try one out. After about a half hour here is what I caught :D

post-19761-1242148918_thumb.jpg

I posted the photo on the Nymph Swap thread as well along with a description of the fly, when the tyer ids himself I'll post his name here. Photo of the fly will be posted later when it's dried out.

A productive lunch outing today. Caught :headbang: lost a third to a log :crying:

Rock Bass

post-19761-1244049812_thumb.jpg

Cray Fish Pattern from the Crayfish Swap

post-19761-1244049837_thumb.jpg

Went out yesterday fishing for bluegill and it was not very productive until I started using Chase Creeks soft hackle fly :headbang:

Thanks Chase Creek!

Sorry for not having any pics. The wife stole my camera

This

bass.JPG

-and this-

DSC02022.JPG

-caught on this-

bugger.JPG

tied by Fred H. (in 2008)

Bummer I can't see the last picture. Nice fish, love those rods. ps. what net is that?

Bummer I can't see the last picture. Nice fish, love those rods. ps. what net is that?

The last picture showed Fred's fly, a conehead, spring crawfish colors. micro bugger (more details in the Micro Bugger Swap thread)

I thought that I had the picture problem sussed, but apparantly not. I'll check it out when I return from work, unfortunately most everything in the external net is blocked here :(. The net is a Brodin, IIRC, with the C&R webbing. I'm a big Z-axis fan...

Sorry no pictures, the batteries died on my camera.

A 1lb Large Mouth and a 2lb Bluegill on a Clouser Minnow tied by Danfitz's daughter Meg. I missed two bows yesterday using the same Fly.

Using Fishyboys Sea Ducer from the T/B swap, I caught a huge Pike minnow, perhaps 3 pounds.

This fish here was landed on Skoli's Green backed baitfish.

SpawningPikeM.jpg

Jan

those sea ducers actually worked!!!!!!-- they are really a salt water fly but i tied them on a smaller hook to try for freshwater!