Fly Tying
vicrider

The last Santa thread...

I hope. First, let's use this thread to check in that you've received flies and I can check them off. Next, I finished off all the packages and they're on their way as of today. Friday I got all the packages pre-paid and addressed on their way. Today I finished off all others and the out of country ones. The biggest PITA on those is the stupid form to fill out on every one, but everything is on it's way. I did not individually pay postage so if you sent extra on postage, thanx, and if you were a little light, fine, it's all taken care of.

The good and the bad. First, the bad. Because I got behind on these and am a terrible pic taker anyway, I didn't get any pictures. I'm hoping those receiving flies will take pics after Christmas. Next, I got a package in from a swap on a different board and the Altoids box was totally crushed almost flat. Looked like it had been in a press. Flies were still okay (great Royal Coachman variants) but since many of the boxes are plastic they won't fair too well. We can only hope for the best.

Next, it is just too hard to try to get flies going to people by their choice. I thought it was a good idea but wasn't really feasible. I ended using a program on net ( http://namedrawing.com/ ) that assigned random links between tier and receiver. One list for trout and one list for bigger flies. I had 3 boxes I labeled "Santa's Special" that I used a different spin of the wheel link ( http://www.classtools.net/random-name-picker/index.php ). These were one box from a tier that included many extra flies and was complete enough to walk into most rivers for a day trip and be set up. A second box was from Santa and about the same, tho maybe not quite as a good a quality but lots of variety. Third special was regular amount of flies but one of the nicest boxes I've seen outside of custom made wood ones. Just to have them a little more anticipatory the special draw winners were Rockworm, Dorado, and Breambuster. Everyone got a bonus or two and extra flies from those sent on this and other swaps.

Got mine today, thanks a bunch for hosting vic! Now I just have to sit here and stare at the package for 15 days... :)

Returned home today and there's a package from Santa under the tree ... Thanks for hosting and doing all the necessary to keep this annual event going Vicrider.

Found a package in the mailbox today. It is the first present under the tree!

Thanks and Great job vicrider!!!

BFR