Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

SanJuan Mini

Denduke, Call NM fish and game to see if your rubber worms are legal. I think I saw/heard that they aren't.

Not likely ever to fish NM. No difference than using rubber skirts Id think. The guide had one on and 2 midges when we floated the Guadalupe a while back Wuts the difference except Texas. Dont start Me to lying. Never heard of restrictions. But Ive only trouted in Ark, Idaho, Wyoming. Never heard about any rubber problems down here in Misipi, La, Fla either.

9-DC48075-B081-457-C-A483-9826-EFD8-EF08

I have seen artificial worms that have passed thru largemouth bass guts down here in the lakes. BTW

I aint left nothing in NM either. Kinda like everything causes cancer in California ....prolly gonna ban hooks next then abolish fishing altogether.

They musta found out they kill the trout??????

SanJuan worms are kinda universal they just orginated there, huh?

231-E5890-0-F84-4029-9623-5240-F0-B993-E

I'm guessing it's only an issue in fly fishing only waters denduke I've heard rumors of that here in ca as well, it would only apply to fly fishing only areas.

It's not the plastic that is barred in some areas per se, rather it's the scented plastic like Berkley products that are illegal. If they sniff your bait and smell anything it would be considered scented to entice fish even if had nothing to do with fishing when you bought it. Berkley products are the biggest producer on the White River but get in the one C&R area and signs specifically state barbless and no scented baits.

The squirmy worm will get a ticket in Mo fly only waters, we have a separate class of lures called "soft plastic baits, scented or unscented" that are prohibited some places. I think that makes it easier for enforcement, must be difficult to distinguish the scented ones.

They'd be legal in all water not designated fly only. those tiny ones look like they'd take suckers?

I was just trying it. You know the beginning stage of most midges are tiny red worms although they are in tiny cases attached to stuff.

So, just tied- not yet fished? I have no doubt that they will take fish. Streams are full of wiggly stuff that fish eat. .