Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Casting for Recovery Fly Boxes

Tie a donation

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

WE ARE FULL

For the fourth year I am again looking for 14 fly tyers to tie enough flies for one Casting for Recovery Retreat. http://castingforrecovery.org/home Tyers will put together a box of 12 assorted flies for a participant.

Please use the following patterns for your box: Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Wooly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10, 12). Please tie only 12 flies so that each participant will get the same number in their fly box. I will contact J. Stockard to see if they will again provide the fly boxes. If not, I will provide them. So send your flies in an Altoids or similar box that you do not want returned. When I have 14 confirmed tyers I will send a PM with my mailing address. As in the past, when I receive a confirmation from CFR I will post a copy for tax purposes. I will take the first 14 with "I'm In"  DUE DATE: SEPTEMBER 16, 2013

Fishingbobnelson -SM Done

1. Byron Anderson Arrived

2. Horseshoes Arrived

3. JohnP Arrived

4. flygirl Arrived

5. Ebrant10 Arrived

6. Cencalfly Arrived

7. riffleriversteelheadslayer Arrived

8. utyer Arrived

9. jburge Arrived

10.natedubay Arrived

11.williamhj Arrived

12.FrequentTyer Arrived

13.Piker20 Arrived

14.gpd4 Arrived

All sets of flies have arrived, thank you all

Attached Files

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#2 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,856 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

I'm in. Is there a deadline?

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#3 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

I'm hooked.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#4 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:09 PM

I'm in. Is there a deadline?

Will set a deadline when the list is full,  probably about the middle of September.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#5 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:50 PM

Sign me up, Bob. Thanks for doing this. I have lost loved ones to cancer, as I am sure many of us have.

#6 flygirl

flygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

I'm In !

#7 Ebrant10

Ebrant10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

Ill help out, this is a great thing you do Bob, glad to be a part of it.
Fishy fishy in the brook, fishy fishy bite my hook.

#8 cencalfly

cencalfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:23 PM

I'm in

#9 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Thanks so much, we are half way there.

Fishing Bob

#10 riffleriversteelheadslayer

riffleriversteelheadslayer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,224 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 02:53 PM

count me in Bob and you have a pm

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".--Thomas Jefferson

There is no such thing as a blank day for a fisherman. It will be saved for him by the white-throated weasel, who watches his fishing from a hole in the wall under which is lying a fish that refused all flies; or by the excitment of identifying insects; or by the apple-bloosom in a nearby orchard; and no one would call that day a blank on which he has seen a king-fisher." -- Arthur Ransome Rod and Line, 1929

#11 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

Bob, I'm in, but I will be out of town until August 27th.  I will get on them right after that.  

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#12 jburge

jburge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:15 PM

Bob, wouldn't miss it. Count me in!

#13 natedubay

natedubay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

I just PM'd you back, but to make sure I make the cut... I'm in.

#14 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,351 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

OK, three spots left....

Fishing Bob

#15 williamhj

williamhj

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 06:47 PM

I'm in