Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

7th Annual Casting for Recovery Project

Tie a Donation

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 06:39 PM

For the seventh year I am looking for 14 fly tyers to tie enough flies for one Casting for Recovery retreat. http://castingforrecovery.org/home  Tyers will put together a box of flies for a participant, each with an assortment of 12 flies. As these are the fly patterns requested by Casting for Recovery Please use the ONLY the following patterns for your box:  Bead-head Nymphs (sizes 10, 12); Attractor Dry Flies (sizes 8-12); Terrestrials (sizes 10, 12); Wooly Buggers (lightly weighted, sizes 6, 8); Parachute Adams (sizes 10, 12).  Please tie only 12 flies so that each participant gets the same amount in their fly box.  I will contact J. Stockard to see they will again provide the fly boxes.  So send your flies in an Altoid's or similar container that you do not want returned.  When I have 14 confirmed tyers I will send a PM with my mailing address.  As in the past, when I receive a confirmation from CFR I will post a copy for tax purposes.  I will select a due date when I have 14 tyers, hopefully near the middle of August. 

WE ARE FULL, DUE DATE AUGUST 21

Thanks to all of you for joining!!

1. Horseshoes - Received
  2. Joseph Russell - Received

3. Flygirl - Received
  4. Vicrider - Received
  5. Pica - Received
  6. Utyer - Received
  7. Vicrider (2) - Received
  8. Rockworm - Received
  9. Byron Anderson - Received
10. Add147 - Received

11. Piker20 - Received
12. Troutguy - Received
13. Flytire - Received

14. djtrout - Received

Thumbnail of some of the boxes from last year.
CFR 2014 -1.JPG CFR 2014 -5.JPG

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#2 Horseshoes

Horseshoes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:47 PM

Okie dokie, I'm in.

When in Nova Scotia stop into JD's Bows & Guns

#3 joseph russell

joseph russell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 07:59 PM

Im in bob

#4 flygirl

flygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:03 PM

I'm IN !

#5 cencalfly

cencalfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:14 PM

I'm in

#6 pica

pica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

I'm in. 

#7 utyer

utyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2015 - 10:14 PM

I'm in Bob,  Just got back from a western trip, so I have plenty of time to tie.  

"We have met the ememy, and he is us." Pogo by Walt Kelly

#8 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:16 PM

I'm in. You say 12. If time allows would 12 of one style and 12 of another style work? Like I said, if time allows. 

Also, would you like us to identify our tie so we don't have a lot of overlap and short on something. I would do the Adams parachute by preference but any of them would work for me except terrestrial. Lots of people better at that than me.

#9 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 02:33 PM

What I need is an assortment from each tyer. Not 12 of the same fly. 2 or 3 of each of the patterns and sizes listed in the first post. Any combination that you choose that total 12 flies.  You do not have to tie all of them. You create an individual fly box for one of the participants.  What we wind up with is 14 different fly boxes each one filled by one tyer.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#10 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:07 PM

OK, thanks to the first seven.  Seven more and we can set a firm due date.

Fishing Bob

#11 rockworm

rockworm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,372 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 03:37 PM

Of course I am in.

#12 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:25 PM

I'm in Bob.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#13 add147

add147

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,544 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 05:12 PM

I'll do my part! I'm in...

#14 vicrider

vicrider

Advanced Member

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:23 PM

I'm with the program Fishin'Bob.

#15 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,218 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 06:29 PM

I'm in again. Pm me your addy again please.
Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.