Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Ninth Annual Casting for Recovery Project

Tie a donation

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#46 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

My flies are done; they will go in the mail tomorrow. Thanks for hosting again this year Bob.

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#47 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 04:22 PM

Got a nice set of flies from Mogup today.  Some good looking buggers in the mix.  I got word from Wendy at CfR that our flies will be going to Alabama for their first retreat.  Thanks again for all your support.

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

The Royal Wulff Murders, by Keith McCafferty

Fishing Bob

#48 Woodenlegs

Woodenlegs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:09 PM

Put my flies in the snail mail today expected delivery 07/27

#49 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 06:35 PM

Another set in the mail today, Bryon's flies arrived and I will pick up jburge's flies over lunch Friday.  The boxes are being shipped from J. Stockard

“The thing about fishing is that it gives a man hope.  Each cast builds a little hope and if he can lose himself to that hope, then the worries and the heartache fade into the background.  The wind inside him dies down for a while”

Fishing Bob

#50 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:54 AM

Woodenlegs flies arrived today, nice job.

Fishing Bob

#51 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

Fly boxes arrived from J.Stockard today.  I will start loading flies into them this weekend.

Fishing Bob

#52 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 11:41 PM

Got a very nice selection from Zip today, Thanks for joining.

Fishing Bob

#53 zip

zip

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,963 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 10:49 AM

Thanks for hosting and for your continued support of a wonderful program,Bob !
"They say you forget your troubles on a trout stream, but that's not quite it. What happens is that you begin to see where your troubles fit into the grand scheme of things, and suddenly they're just not such a big deal anymore."
John Gierach
----------
Sgt.Steve Bell USMC/Ret
Once a Marine,Always a Marine-Semper Fidelis

#54 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 09:09 PM

At The Habit over a Santa Barbara Charburger I picked up jburge's set of flies.  So great having another member right down the street.  Waiting on two sets, will start boxing this weekend.

Fishing Bob

#55 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Netabrookie's flies arrived today so I am waiting on one set to box up and get them ready to send to CfR

Fishing Bob

#56 stabgnid

stabgnid

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 02:56 PM

Mine should be there any day ...

Steve-stabgnid 

"I don't fly fish I just love to tie flies"

Steve-stabgnid

#57 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:53 AM

Stabgnid's flies arrived today.  That is the last set.  I will print the tags that have your name and "tied for CfR by" on them and get them on the fly boxes.  Thank you all so very much for taking part in this project.  I plan on doing this again next year and hope many of you will volunteer again.

Fishing Bob

#58 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 01:07 PM

Here are the fly boxes, they are on the way to Alabama for the first retreat there.  Your Wooly Buggers are on the other side of the boxes. 

Once again THANK YOU for all your support over the past 9 years.

Tight Lines to all,

Fishing Bob

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN0130.JPG
  • DSCN0129.JPG
  • DSCN0131.JPG
  • DSCN0132.JPG

Fishing Bob

#59 Mogup

Mogup

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 08:53 PM

Thanks for posting

#60 fishingbobnelson

fishingbobnelson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:37 PM

The fly boxes were used this past weekend by the first Alabama retreat.  Here is a copy of the letter from CfR that you may use for tax purposes.  Please note the personal note from the Executive Director.

Attached Thumbnails

• CfR Letter (2).jpg
  • CfR Letter (1).jpg

Fishing Bob