Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Gurglers and trout???

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Brodrash

Brodrash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 09:41 AM

Some of you guys on here are salty enough that your cigarette butts are soy sauce soaked well before they leave your mouth biggrin.png

#17 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,204 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:57 AM

I think we should all start a new fad, tying cigarette butt flies . Tie just one cigarette butt on a hook, get any fish in any pond or stream anywhere by changing out sauces LOL !

Somebody already beat you to it.  Not me ... but this picture is online ...

[attachment=58648:Cigarette-Butt-Deer-Hair-Fly.jpg]

Maybe that's an idea for a new swap !!!

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#18 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,938 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 11:06 AM

Some of you guys on here are salty enough that your cigarette butts are soy sauce soaked well before they leave your mouth biggrin.png

I think we should all start a new fad, tying cigarette butt flies . Tie just one cigarette butt on a hook, get any fish in any pond or stream anywhere by changing out sauces LOL !

Somebody already beat you to it.  Not me ... but this picture is online ...

attachicon.gifCigarette-Butt-Deer-Hair-Fly.jpg

Maybe that's an idea for a new swap !!!

Awesome, it really is !! But it's over dressed though.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#19 GC59

GC59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 594 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 09:28 PM

You know the deerhair on that butt might be long enough to push water just like a gurgler and bring a dumb trout up.

#20 tidewaterfly

tidewaterfly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,145 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 09:20 AM

Islander727, sorry for my late reply. That body is 3 mm foam. I buy the sheets in a craft store & cut it into various widths. The under body is small or mini cactus chenille. 

Joel, no argument from me about trout. I agree with you, and have also seen them come up & eat strange things. Other fish species will too. 

I'm sure you remember "corkers".

http://www.theflyfis...39-corkers.html