Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

New Book

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,680 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:40 AM

by forum member Kirk Dietrich

tying-bugs.jpg

kirk-480x480.jpg

Respect someones else's ideas. We are all different people. Your way is not the only way.

Never argue with a self proclaimed expert

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,204 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:18 AM

Is that Kirk or you?

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 11:43 AM

That's Kirk.  Bring the book up on Amazon and tap on the "Look Inside"  button and you can see a very good preview of the book.  Looks like a real winner.  Nice job Kirk.

#4 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,680 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 09:37 PM

i just got my copy of the book and as it says on the cover "the complete book of poppers, sliders and diver for fresh and salt water" it is just that.

well worth the money and i'll recommend this book for all levels of tyers

thank you kirk for your amazing work

Respect someones else's ideas. We are all different people. Your way is not the only way.

Never argue with a self proclaimed expert

#5 Mogup

Mogup

You guys are very cranky !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:53 PM

Checked it out on Amazon. Looks pretty good.

#6 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

Sweet! My copy is on the way 🙂

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#7 Stippled Popper

Stippled Popper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 03:46 PM

There is a wealth of knowledge in the book both about Kirk's own methods and the history of popper making in the South and Gulf Region.  It is well worth the price.  

Fair notice.  Kirk is a buddy of mine.  But I stand by the above.  There were a number of times as I was reading the book that I thought "Why didn't I think of that?"