My small to do list...
1. Replace guide on rod for fishing guide (when that's done he's bringing me a Winston that needs new stripping guides...
2. Strip, rehab and re-wrap one of the rods for my skiff (Have eight to do but only when I have time available..
1. Go through all of my "need re-cycling flies" and sort - then re-do the ones that can be restored
2. Make a start on the flies that will be needed as we move towards winter (winter we're all interior, shallow sight fishing -until the big tarpon come back inside -usually just before Christmas...).
3. Work up a materials order for my wholesaler before end of year
SKIFF MAINTENANCE/ REPAIR
1. Sort out my primary bilge pump (needs new mounting base for a drop in unit...)
2. Replace live well light (much needed when operating at night using bait...)
3. Rehab nav lights switch (remove each wire, sand and clean terminals then remount everything (have new spare switch if needed)
4. Get materials then start making a new dash panel to replace existing one
5. Boat trailer to nearest ramp to launch boat - then trailer hardware replacements (hog rings, etc for an all roller trailer)
6. Adjust wheel bearing tension (on oil bath hubs - not a standard deal at all...)
7. Aren't boats fun?
Yep, that sounds like the life of a fishing guide.