Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

What are you working on, fly tying or fishing related please.

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,209 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:00 PM

Mark,

If you ask me you have an obsession as you said. Is it a problem?

An addiction is only a problem when it negatively impacts self or others.  Since fly tying usually keeps delinquents like you guys off the street ... I say it's a BOON in this case !!!

tongue.png

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#62 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:20 PM

Mark,

An addiction is only a problem when it negatively impacts self or others.  Since fly tying usually keeps delinquents like you guys off the street ... I say it's a BOON in this case !!!

tongue.png

Yes, I think it's only a problem if it keeps you from your regular work, spending time with family, if you lay awake thinking about it or if you are denying it's doing all those things to you. But, It's not doing any of those things to me, so I'm good.

#63 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 03:22 PM

Great looking stuff Kimo

#64 Capt Bob LeMay

Capt Bob LeMay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 05:48 PM

After all the "little thngs" that needed doing on my skiff (including making a new switch panel from scratch with black acrylic -4 x 15 x 1/8", with new idiot lights for bilge and live well pumps ). I was finally able to get back to tying - but still not flies... 

I'm more than halfway through a bucktail jig order with one more to go after that... then it will be back to tying actual flies...

Tight lines Bob LeMay (954) 435-5666

#65 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 03 December 2019 - 06:08 PM

Great looking stuff Kimo

Mahalo Mark!

Kimo

signature.gif

#66 Sandan

Sandan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 11:50 AM

Mark,

tongue.png

Fly tying definitely keeps a guy like me off the street. It's a BOON for sure.biggrin.png

#67 DFoster

DFoster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 04 December 2019 - 02:15 PM

I just finished clearing the 22" of snow that arrived over the past 3 days.  Every year Lady Arctic heads south to give us a kiss and over stays her welcome by about 3 months. -The tying gets me through.  Without my tying desk, wood stove and bourbon I might start to believe those voices saying the sun is really burning out. 

"I am not against golf, since I suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout."
- Paul O'Neil

#68 chugbug27

chugbug27

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

Kimo, I'm really, really liking your fly photography, taking this to new places as with your ties. A real innovator. Fun to watch
cb27

"Fly tying is replete with unproven theories and contradictions and therein lies much of it's charm and fascination." George F. Grant, The Master Fly Weaver

#69 Kimo

Kimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:50 AM

Kimo, I'm really, really liking your fly photography, taking this to new places as with your ties. A real innovator. Fun to watch

Mahalo Chug!

Kimo

signature.gif